"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Weekend answers (E)

Artwork courtesy of Flat Earth Social Club

Well, we had two comments related to our invitation last weekend, one of which was the following:


From
Miss Emily:
Hey there
I've been following for a few months now and just haven't commented. This was my first real look into a 24 hour D/s. I am still pretty unfamiliar but I read with such curiosity every time you post, and it has helped me understand something that I previously looked upon with disdain simply because I was unaware of the deep emotions at work here. I've learned so much from reading here. I still don't understand completely but I'm working on it. I'm in awe of the devotion I see. Thanks for everything.

Welcome to our blog, Miss Emily, and thank you for the comment. We're glad you dropped in to share your thoughts with us.

For myself, as someone who has been involved in "the scene" in a variety of ways for such a long time, the sharing in this blog is meant in a small part to demystify what BDSM and D/s are about. Both the activities and the lifestyle can be exciting, thrilling, fulfilling, beautiful, and deeply affecting. I'm happy that you found not only some different perspectives, but a certain level of appreciation, in our writings.

Indeed, there are deep emotions at work, and much devotion, and this is true for both partners. We often don't understand all of it, or certain parts of it completely, ourselves. But that doesn't make it any less engaging, or any less necessary if we are to be true to ourselves. And the search for a greater understanding, the search to realize, to express these part of ourselves, is an integral part of what we consider our journey.

As you continue to follow us on our adventure, don't hesitate to ask us questions you may have, either through the comment area, or by emailing us directly. My Goddess and I will be more than happy to shed any light we can on your queries.

Thank you for your compliments, and thanks again for dropping in.

No comments:

Post a Comment