"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Sunday, September 20, 2009

The magic of the collar and leash (E)

Artwork courtesy of http://www.femdomartists.com/

One of life's lessons is that we never truly know how special something is until we lose it, or until we must live without it for a little while.

The ritual of my Goddess keeping me in locked collar at all times when we are at home has always been one of great significance for the two of us. We've felt intensely its symbolism, reflecting the special D/s dynamics of our relationship, demonstrating the power of her dominance over me and my submissiveness to her, and her ownership of me and my belonging to her.

Life circumstances brought an end to a very long streak of days (triple-digits) when I wore my locked collar for 10-12 hours a day or more, and almost around the clock on days-off. Not to worry... nothing serious... just RL obligations. But within just a day or two, the absence of the collar was powerfully felt by both of us. While I wore my mainstream-passable ceremonial collar from my collaring throughout, the heaviness, the restraint, and the inescapability of the very BDSM-looking leather collar with D-rings and locking buckle with lock (to which my Goddess keeps the keys in her possession or hidden) I wear at home was very much missed.

There wasn't any leash attached to me either, which my Goddess clips to the front D-ring, and tugs on any time she requires me for something. The leash limits my mobility, gives my Goddess a tangible sense of my physical presence even when I'm not in the same room, and is an immediate call to service, all elements that made us miss our regular home routine even more.

Needless to say, the pull of the ritual intensified as the days went by, and upon the return to our normal lives, the collar quickly went back on, and the leash was clipped on immediately thereafter. Now my Goddess is napping while I am busy with domestic servitude, and I am awaiting the tug that will mean that she desires me by her side once more.

Somehow, the magic of the collar and leash returning is one of those little things that makes us feel like everything is right with the universe again... At least within the context our D/s relationship and the extraordinary feelings we have for each other...

No comments:

Post a Comment