"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Domestic servitude in the morning (E)





  • Prepared coffee and cigarette for my Goddess, holding her ashtray.
  • Repeated about half an hour later.
  • My Goddess clipped my house leash (50') to my collar.
  • Waited for my Goddess to be hungry for breakfast.
  • Picked-up dirty laundry around the house.
  • Put in a wash of laundry (darks).
  • Put away clean dishes.
  • Filled and turned-on dishwasher.
  • Organized garbage and recycling.
  • Pulled in for a kiss and smoking by my Goddess, held her ashtray.
  • Transfered wash (darks) to the dryer.
  • Put in a second wash of laundry (colors).
  • My Goddess felt sleepy, so she layed down for a nap; I have instructions to wake her up in one hour.
  • Put away miscellaneous things lying around.
  • Cleaned/bleached kitchen countertops.
  • Checked on food and water for the pets.
  • Folded, hung, and put away clothes (darks) from the dryer.
  • Transfered wash (colors) to the dryer.
  • Put in another wash of laundry (whites).
  • Prepared coffee.
  • Woke up my Goddess from her nap, served her coffee in bed.
  • Smoked together, with me holding her ashtray.
  • Folded, hung, and put away clothes (colors) from the dryer.
  • Transfered wash (whites) to the dryer.
  • Showered and got ready to go out to eat with my Goddess.
  • And then we were inseparable for the rest of the day...

Let me bring some clarification... I don't enjoy cleaning around the house anymore than anyone else does. I certainly don't have a reputation for keeping tidy quarters. However, there's something extremely satisfying about doing it for my Goddess. Of course, I'd prefer to be by her side, sharing moments of affection, involved in intellectual discussions or pursuits, or engaged in BDSM play of whatever mood she may be in. But if she is going to be relaxing alone on her side, and I want to do something useful with my time while confined to the house (can't forget the locked collar and 50' leash), then I feel good about spending time tidying up our living environment. I know a clean house (OK... some progress toward a clean house) makes her life easier and more pleasant. Her satisfaction in finding things where they should be, having everything clean, folded or put away, in not having to move things or search for them, is all the reward I need to be motivated to attend to my domestic duties.

And the bonus is seeing my Goddess smile when she notices what I've done. I may, or may not, even be further rewarded with a kiss, a hug, and some encouraging words. Knowing what I've done for her, and that I did it for her, a warm smile and a simple acknowledgement from my Goddess is all that I could ever want to stay motivated to keep her/our house as neat and functional as I ever can.

No comments:

Post a Comment