"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Collar and cuffs (E)

Artwork courtesy of http:/lunarblack.tumblr.com; artist unknown.

The nightly collaring ritual is always so special to us. I had a few posts (here and here) on this subject over the last few weeks.

Every few days or few weeks, though, my Goddess needs more. Tonight was one of those times. She requested that I bring her the locking leather wrist cuffs after she placed the locking leather collar around my neck.

She didn't order me to get them in a haughty and bitchy and condescending manner. She wasn't planning to immobilize me for some pain and torture. She wasn't looking forward to enjoy watching me struggle in bondage overnight.

No, she just told me she needed them. She told me that she wanted me locked into them so that she could keep me nearby. Keep me close. Keep me from going away.

I felt, and I knew, that apart from the actual light bondage keeping me near her, there was a need for her to demonstrate her ownership of me, both for her and for me. The symbolism far outweighed the actions. There was something soft about the control she exerted, something tender about the power she exercised.

And it was just as dominant on her part as locking the cuffs around my wrists for any other reason. It reinforced the D/s dynamics of our relationship just as much. Not through severity or strictness or force. But rather, through subtlety, nuance, and range.

No comments:

Post a Comment