"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Daily collaring (E)

Artwork courtesy of Razriel, via Lunar Black and http://deviantart.net/

I wait on my knees next to the bed. I hold my locking leather collar, ready to hand it over to my Goddess. The lock and the key lie on her bedside table.

She walks in, climbs onto the bed and turns toward me. A gentle smile comes to her beautiful face. Her eyes twinkle.

My Goddess takes the collar, and waits for me to lay my head on her lap. She wraps the collar around my neck. She buckles it. She reaches for the lock, hooks it through the locking buckle, and clicks it shut. She moves the key out of sight.

Her hands come down to the sides of my head. She lifts my head as I raise it up. She doesn't let go. There's quiet beauty, tranquility, and peace in her gaze. Tenderly we kiss.

We've been waiting all day for this moment. My Goddess misses seeing my leather collar on me when I don't have it on. I miss its physical presence and the unique tactile sensations of wearing it. We both feel its significance when I'm wearing it, and we both feel that something important is missing in our lives when I'm not.

The placing of the collar for the evening, and for the night... A protocol of great depth and significance for us. Beyond any other.

And no matter what else might be going on in our life, everything is made right again by the two of us sharing of this beautiful, solemn, and powerful daily ritual once more.

2 comments:

  1. a very beautiful insight. you have put my feelings into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... Glad it connected with you.

    It's something so special for us. And I know others have their own little rituals that are special to them.

    Thanks for dropping by, and for your comment.

    D

    ReplyDelete