"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Blogging about our D/s relationship (E)

Artwork courtesy of Lunar Black

One of the many joys my Goddess and I share is this blog. The fact that we both write entries. The fact that we get really excited when we know the other is writing and about to post an entry. The fact that we can't wait to read what the other has written.

Part of that joy is the simple fact that we share in the duties and rewards of running a blog that has a pretty loyal readership. Another part of it is the opportunity to read thoughts, perspectives, and impressions of the other in ways that are different from what we get when we talk. There is something about the monologue of the blog that sometimes structures what we have to say in a more organized manner. Yet another part is an opportunity to express words that might be awkward to say verbally, but once they're out, they help us explore and push into new areas..

While I write more entries than my Goddess, our excitement over everything related to our blog is shared equally. I think this excitement over what we each put in here is a good reflection of our relationship... open, sharing, exploring, warm, exciting, trusting.

Not to say anything bad about the relationships that others are involved in, but I'm always saddened when I read that one of the partners is writing a blog, and their partner either doesn't read the blog, or doesn't know it exists. His' and her's blogs are very cool. But for those for whom blog writing is an unwillingly solo exercise within a relationship, I can only think of what is missed by the absent partner. What a missed opportunity to get into the head of their loved one! What a missed opportunity to have a better understanding of how their partner feels, and what makes them tick! Especially since some of the bloggers out there are good writers that show depth, insight, and understanding.

I know, I know... there are lots of flakes out there. But for those, it doesn't take too long before the BS comes to the surface.

Again, no disrespect intented. There are some couples out there that clearly have something really special going on. It's evident by the way their partner writes about them, the amount of time they've been together, and/or the fact that they seem to have a good family thing going on. But there's often an element of bittersweetness, or perhaps melancholy, that is apparent in reading some of those one-partner blogs.

My point today is that I enjoy and appreciate tremendously my Goddess and I sharing this blog. It is one more element that makes our dynamics so special, and I hope it reflects those special dynamics. It also reinforces those dynamics as the exercise of writing some of our rituals, routines, and interactions has formalized them.

I enjoy the duties of the blog. I enjoy the feedback we get. I especially enjoy my Goddess' involvement in it, and her excitement over everything I write. And for us, I couldn't possibly imagine us doing it any other way.

2 comments:

  1. It's great that you two share in the joy of blogging so much. For my wife and I, we have always been much better writers than talkers and so my blog started just as a way for me to think things through... and it finally inspired her to start her own.

    It's a great way to think through something without feeling the immediacy that comes up in a face to face conversation and we love sharing it with the world as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. herforever,

    "It's a great way to think through something without feeling the immediacy that comes up in a face to face conversation and we love sharing it with the world as well."

    Spot on! Definitely a great tool to complement face-to-face conversation.

    Thanks for dropping by again, and for your thoughts.

    E

    ReplyDelete