"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Have you thanked your sub today? (S)



My prince, dymion, and I just moved in together a few weeks ago. This is my first 24/7 BDSM relationship. I am so used to having limited time with him between work, real life, etc. Suddenly I feel like a kid in a candy store. Whatever shall I do with all this wonderful time?

Sometimes I watch him sleep. I truly stare in amazement. It is hard to believe I found this man. We once lived on almost opposite ends of the continent yet somehow we found each other. I finally have him in my bed, collared, committed, mine. It is really a dream come true for me. There is something really powerful and rewarding about taking care of someone who loves to serve. It makes other partners seem so one-dimensional. Suddenly my life is in 3D. Things make more sense. Though beyond cliché, I must say it seems I see more color in the landscape, softer edges to mountains, and brighter stars in the sky.

We are still creating his list of duties and rituals to follow. However, I have also assigned myself a task (I’m the Goddess…who else would do it?). I promise to regularly let him know I appreciate his actions and efforts. I appreciate the fact that he is there for me through thick and thin. I appreciate his service, his dedication, and his love. I want him to know that the warmth in my heart is because of him and what he does for me. Just like in any relationship, it is hard work and that should be recognized and celebrated.

So, the question is…have you thanked your sub today?

No comments:

Post a Comment