"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Monday, June 29, 2009

A few favorite quotes (E)


Drawing credits go to DS1147 on Photobucket.

Being your slave, what should I do but tend
Upon the hours and times of your desire?
I have no precious time at all to spend,
Nor services to do till you require.
~ William Shakespeare

There was no reality to pain when it left one, though while it held one fast all other realities faded.
~ Rachel Field

We tend to think of the erotic as an easy, tantalizing sexual arousal. I speak of the erotic as the deepest life force, a force which moves us toward living in a fundamental way.
~ Audre Lorde

To be sensual, I think, is to respect and rejoice in the force of life, of life itself and so to be present in all that one does, from the effort of loving to the breaking of bread.
~ James Baldwin

Ordinary life does not interest me. I seek only the high moments. I am in accord with the surrealists, searching for the marvelous.
~ Anais Nin

"Be careful Anais, abnormal pleasures kill the taste for normal ones."
~ Eduardo, (Anais Nin's Cousin in the movie Henry & June)

At times, it is strangely sedative to know the extent of your own powerlessness.
~ Erica Jong

Ritual is the act of sanctifying action - even ordinary actions- so that it has meaning: I can light a candle because I need the light or because the candle represents the light I need.
~ Christina Baldwin

Understand the preciousness of the unfulfilled desire. Begin to feel appreciation for the fact that the desire exists, rather than instant disappointment that it has not manifested.
~ Anonymous

"Intimacy is based on shared vulnerability...nothing deepens intimacy like the experiences that we share when we feel flayed, with our skins off, scared and vulnerable, and our partner is there with us, willing to share in the scary stuff".
~ From The Ethical Slut by Dosie Eastman and Katherine Liszt

If you are meant to be in the lifestyle, you will find that, where you were once only walked through life, you will be gliding on air. Parts of you that never were complete will then become whole. In relinquishing control, I have found freedom: freedom to find and be the person I am inside.
~ Miria Hunter

Thou art to me a delicious torment.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

My kink is better than your kink? Never! It is just our way of doing things. What we all need to remember is my kink and your kink is, in the end, OUR kink and we really need to learn to stand together and respect one another for our individuality as well as our collective identity.
~ Miria Hunter

Ultimately, the purpose of a flogging is to inflict pleasure.
~ Mitch Kessler

Subspace is my perfect paradise vacation from busy-mind... blessed be to the Dominant who can stamp my ticket there.
~ Elizabeth

For me, the goal of any of the BDSM activities is to break barriers and boundaries, sending me into a more primal, raw connection...to erase the civilized conventions and attain that connection, space, where there is no skin, no outer layers, but simply raw primal emotion.
~ Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment