"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Primal need for D/s (E)

Artwork courtesy of www.malesubmissionart.com

As you can tell by the lack of posts over the last little while, RL has left us with very little time for formal D/s activities, or for reflection and/or writing about what's been going on.

This situation has left us increasingly hungry, with each passing day, to return to our usual levels of intensity and activity. And yet, to a certain extent, it has brought increasing attention and significance to some of the little things.

The placing and locking of the leather collar around my neck in the evening has become almost a ceremony. I no longer have time to get my collar... my Goddess keeps it handy herself, pulls it out at the first opportunity, and puts it on me. I can feel her pressing need to put the collar on me. I can feel her relief when she locks it and she knows I am hers without question for the night.

In the busy, and very open public settings that we find ourselves, small duties such as getting my Goddess food or drinks, or preparing them for her, seem innocuous to all those around us, and yet, these actions have become so important as they as among the only ones that are possible under the circumstances.

As one of only a handful of commands that is given, and that can be followed, during the course of these days, a quiet "Get me my coffee, Bitch!" in private is even more powerful right now than if my Goddess was barking it to me while in leather, with stiletto heels and holding a crop.

We are both feeling this deep, deep need to return to a more active and demonstrative level of D/s. There is a certain level of withdrawal. The D/s tension is there, the roles are transparent to us, if opaque to others, and D/s whispers are now loud and heavy in their significance. But we can feel that this primal need in each of us, such an essential part of who we are and how we express our sexuality to each other, is not quite being fulfilled while things are so busy and out of sorts for us these days.

But it''s just a matter of time before life returns to something more normal. If you can ever call life, or us, normal...

No comments:

Post a Comment