"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Coloring Outside the Lines (S)

Image courtesy of http://www.sodahead.com/

When I was a little girl I loved to color. However, I wasn't one of those kids who could color the frog purple or a tree pink. In was appalled by my friends when they would color smurfs red...I cringe just thinking about it! That simply didnt make sense. Yes, I was a practical child.

So it is funny to me how much (as an adult) I enjoy coloring my new canvas, dymion. There are no lines to follow or characters to bring to life...simply flesh awaiting my creativity. Dymion and I are still debating what type of true tattoo he will get to honor me (suggestions anyone?), but in the meantime I enjoy trying out various options. In fact, we purchased a multi-color set of sharpies to make it even more vibrant and provide me more possibilities. So, maybe once a week as of late, I have tied him to the bed and started my temporary masterpieces...hearts, my name, locks and chains, sweet sentiments to remind him he is special...stuff like that.

A few days ago I came up with my best yet. I drew the Earth on his thigh with bright blues and oranges. Around the globe it read "Selena is my world". That about sums it up, right? I highly recommend this activity. It's way cooler than my old Smurf coloring book.

2 comments:

  1. I recommend your name :). We finally settled on my (real not scene) name tattooed onto my partner's lower back. It has worked very well and we get a lot of comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is what I am leaning toward...my real one, too. Did you adorn it with anything?

    ReplyDelete