"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Monday, April 26, 2010

D/s and post-operative care (E)

Artwork courtesy of http://bringonxtoys.com/ (The Good Stuff)

It's amazing how daily D/s dynamics are not that different from providing post-surgery care. Then again, maybe attentive service within the context of a D/s relationship needs to be at the level of what one would do in taking care of someone that has just come out of surgery.

Sadly, my Goddess required surgery last week. The details are not important at this moment, but recovery has been very painful for her, and her mobility has been quite limited. Not to worry... she is getting better and stronger each day.

The realization of the parallel between D/s dynamics and post-operative care came upon me during the course of the day while I was preparing lunch for my beautiful Goddess. I'm proud to say that not much has changed between what I do for her during this post-operative recovery period, and what I did for her before. I try to be attentive to her every need, I fetch things for her, prepare her meals, get her drinks, take care of the environment around her, and provide her with a multitude of little services, either upon request, or by taking the initiative.

Of course, there are a few differences between now and then. I've left out service, or a manner of service, with more overtly sexual or D/s undertones (for example kissing her feet in most positions rights now would probably cause her a lot of pain)... for now. And I don't normally provide physical support for my Goddess getting up or sitting/lying down.

But overall, I'm quite pleased that for the most part, there hasn't been a noticeably increased load on me. Not that I would mind. It's just that our daily routine, minus the more obvious sexual or D/s (worshipping, etc...) actions, has remained overall quite unchanged, despite some new logistical challenges. And I must say that it is quite satisfying for me to know that I tried to put in the same kind of attention and intensity into my service for my Goddess before health issues as now. Of course, it's just that the stakes are higher.

My Goddess thinks that I'm going through a lot of trouble, but really, I'm not. She is the most precious thing in my life, and nothing has meaning if I don't make her as happy as I can. Having my Goddess express her deep appreciation almost daily for my care of her since the surgery has been quite rewarding, and I'll see what I can do about using this experience as a springboard to even more dedicated service to her in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Kudos to you, for keeping up a daily routine that shows how you care for your Goddess. I noticed a similar thing when my Princess was down for surgery last fall -- it was no extra burden for me to take care of her, much of what she needed was things I was already doing for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hersforever,

    Thanks for dropping by, and for your comments. I'm glad you could relate to the situation, and share yours. Solidarity in service!

    E

    ReplyDelete