"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Monday, February 7, 2011

6 weeks of the Eternity Collar (E)

Image courtesy of http://m-gameboy2.tumblr.com/

It's been almost six weeks since my Goddess has placed the Eternity Collar around my neck, and screwed it closed. And its impact has been all we could have asked for.

Its heft and rigidity are constant reminders to me of what it represents: my submission to my Goddess, her ownership of me, my status as her toy, her pet, her boy.

Its presence, and the thought that I cannot remove it on my own without a very significant amount of trouble, are constant reminders to my Goddess of her dominance and control over me, and of my belonging to her. I am hers.

While there was a bit of self-consciousness on my part at the beginning, despite the pride of wearing it for my Goddess, that's totally gone now, and I don't mind in the least who sees it. The powerful symbolism and the physical reminder of our D/s dynamics are all that remain.

While the eternity collar in black (Phantom Line) is a classic piece that blends in fairly well with casual clothing and goes unnoticed under more business/formal attire, it is more much difficult to miss when if I leave the neck of a shirt unbuttoned, or if I wear something with a lower neckline (T-shirt, anything with a crew neck).

In a funny anecdote, I was getting my haircut recently at a barber shop, and the lady cutting my hair needed to trim the hair on the back of my neck. She took hold of the eternity collar to move it out of the way, and said, "Oh my God! That thing weighs a ton!" She did ask where I got it. I simply replied that it was a gift from my beloved, and it was a symbol of the strength of our love and relationship...

Interestingly, nobody else has said anything else about the eternity collar.

There is so much about of the eternity collar that I love. I love it when my Goddess grabs a hold of the eternity collar to pull me in for a kiss, to tell me something dominant or dirty, or to simply remind me of who holds the reins. I love it when we make love, and the D-ring of the locked leather collar my Goddess put on me in the early evening dings loudly against the eternity collar. I love it when my Goddess catches a glimpse of the eternity collar, and she flashes one of her dominant "I own you, Bitch!" smiles. I love it when I'm apart from my Goddess for a short while, and I feel the eternity collar around my neck, and I bring a hand to it, and feel its strength and its size and its warmth. And I feel the texture of the hinge or the edges where the allen screw keeps it locked around my neck.

And most of all, I love it that my Goddess feels so strongly about our relationship, and the nature/dynamics of our relationship, that she wanted to have as imposing a piece as the eternity collar placed around my neck, in all that it is, and in all that it represents.


Image courtesy of www.meninpain.com via Miz Helena

5 comments:

  1. Great post. The elimination of any self-consciousness that you once had must have been a significant an emotionally liberating step for you. You, and your Goddess must be very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO proud of my boy, dymion. He wears it with pride. Further, it does take some discipline...that thing is pretty darn heavy. Of course, I always like to take things a step further, next...the TATTOO!! Coming soon, I guarantee it! -Selena.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Suzanne,

    Indeed, it was a liberating moment. Not that I was uncomfortable, on the contrary, I was quite proud, if somewhat tense about the possibility of comments or "outing".

    I'm glad my Goddess is proud of me, because I'm proud to be hers.

    Thank you for dropping by, and for your comment.

    @ Goddess Selena,

    All I can say is... that I can't wait for the next level of demonstrated ownership... just can't wait...

    @ Serving B,

    Thanks! And thank you for taking time to say so!

    D

    ReplyDelete