"... when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
-- When Harry met Sally

"The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed."
-- Carl Jung

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Bound (S)

"Bonnie's Cross", courtesy of Sardax (http://www.sardax.com)

My Favorite Word...a quick stream-of consciousness evaluation of the word BOUND...


BOUND
meaning a confinement.
BOUND
meaning a predicament.
BOUND meaning a promise.

I just realized what a powerful word BOUND can be. So diverse is its meaning. It isn't just about a tangible situation, but also what each of those situations represent.

Dymion often finds himself bound in chains. Bound in cuffs. Bound in ropes. Bound any other creative way I can find to limit his movement and remove his control. Yes, that is really hot, but he and I also share this magical verb in other ways:

We are...

BOUND by love.
BOUND by commitment.
BOUND our life together.

To be BOUND is such a huge part of a 24/7 D/s lifestyle. BDSM is so deliciously symbolic of the ties that bind any relationship. Yep, one cannot deny the multi-dimensions of our kind of kink.

So, in summary, I dig the word BOUND and all it represents. Three cheers for Selena's new favorite word! Here is wishing we all find ourselves BOUND in the most delightful and meaningful ways.

2 comments:

  1. A BOUND can also be a leap - the kind of leap you experience in your entire being when your Goddess so much as looks at you.

    Well done - you are a lucky man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous,

    Sorry for the late reply... missed two comments from the last month, and this is one of them.

    Good catch! And indeed, a leaping bound is what my heart and my soul feel when I feel my Goddess' dominant vibe washing over me.

    And indeed I am a lucky man. And flattered that I can elicit the feelings in my Goddess that she wrote about in this post.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    Dymion

    ReplyDelete